Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What's there in a Name???..

Not many know about My previous name..When I was born... I was named as (yeah! you heard it right!!) "ARUN DEEPAK GNANADURAI" other than my school and college friends none of the others know that this was my previous name: D

The fun fact was I got to know my Full name when I was studying 10th.Before it was either  DEEPAK, ARUN DEEPAK.I had my first nick name in college alone -ADGD. Buddies from college called me AD.
I know about the Big question arises in every one's mind is "WHY THE HECK DID HE CHANGE THE NAME? IS IT BECAUSE OF NUMEROLOGY? OR SOMETHING ELSE...?"

Neither was the reason, the reason was because of one stupid rule by the current CM of TAMILNADU in her previous venture as CM.

Note: My parents fell in love and got married to each other.

My Father was a Christian and he got converted Hindu even before he fell in love with my mother..

2002-03: Miss Jayalalitha came with a (religion changing rule) If you are a Christian and u belong to one caste and you have converted as Hindu then you are considered as another.

College 2nd Semester: We got a call from collector's office in my native…That they need us to come to the native to check on the community certificate that was issued to me when I needed it for the Board examinations.

We went there...we met the deputy collector since the collector was not there, elaborated him the whole scene and he got a written statement from each and every one of us(Dad, Mom and Myself )

After everything was over, he called all of us and said it was because of the rule the university had to have an investigation on this. (because I had got the college admission because of the community certificate).It was because of my name "ARUN DEEPAK GNANADURAI".


After that we Left to Chennai and during my 6th sem, I was called from college office saying that my community certificate was cancelled due to some reason which was not at all given and asked the College administration to send the Community certificate back to my native.

When inquired the government officials said they have sent a notice to my house, Which they never did.

Now my certificate being cancelled, my whole degree was in jeopardy, so we had to act quickly, we checked with the authorities in my native, the reason they said was more than shocking indeed, we should not  have got our community certificate from our native; we should  have got it in my place of birth in , Chennai.

Again we went to Chennai office, there again they said, whatever we did before was correct, we were literally toiled around for certificate,  atlast with some high authority giving assurance, they agreed they will give the certificate. One of the close friend of ours revealed that, the explanation we gave was rejected by the authority in our native, which was the cause of this big problem.

My Mom scanned about the whole scenario and decided to change my name after like 20 yrs ...
Though I didn’t know what was going to be my name. They consulted every some numerologist who came up with the name DEEPAK RAJ.

Thus ARUN DEEPAK GNANADURAI has been changed to DEEPAK RAJ. The weirdest part was, even after changing the name to DEEPAK RAJ, the Chennai Collector was very skeptical saying that even then the name was more of Christian originality.

And we think what’s there in a name?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reading this blog, I feel really sorry for all the Indians for having to bear with the Indian Government system. There are like hundreds of such cases happening everyday in India. After 65 years of our Independence, still if we look back and compare our administrative and political system to the one in 1947, we would not find much difference to our surprise!
The sorry state of affair is that Secularism finds meaning only in Books now!